Compare Bifold Doors
Compare bifold doors AluK bifolding doors, Easifold 3000 bifolding doors, Reynaers CF77, Sapa bifolding doors, Schuco bifolding doors, Smarts Visofold bifolding doors, Solarlux bifolding doors.
The above brand names are aluminium bifolding door system companies. Some fabricators and installers rename the product in an attempt to create a brand that is difficult for a client to compare. In reality, the system companies have design and development staff that depending on the company’s allocation of budget continually improves the available products.
We purposely do not compare bifold doors in any PVC brand. Our company has in the past installed many of these doors and been disappointed at the number of service calls due to the flexibility in PVCu. The product expands too much when in direct sunlight. Our policy is to never supply another PVC bifold doors.
Specialise in aluminium bifolding doors. The purpose of this page on our website is to try and shed some light on the many different products available. You would be surprised at the number and type of questions we get from people in the trade never mind the product buying public. We are friendly and here to help so no matter how simple or complex the question we are willing and able to help.
First of all we have put together the following list to give you some idea of the differences in the various products. These are listed in alphabetical order. You can see from the rest of our website which product we prefer and why but for your benefit here are some of your questions answered.
Maximum Panel WidthMaximum Panel HeightMaximum Panel WeightVisable Aluminium Sight Line“U” Value
|AluK BSF70||1200 mm||3000 mm||100 kg||140 mm||1.81 W/m²K|
|Easifold 3000||1200 mm||2700 mm||80 kg||154 mm||1.77 W/m²K|
|Reynaers CF77||1200 mm||3000 mm||120 kg||144 mm||1.85 W/m²K|
|Sapa 2074||1000 mm||2500 mm||75 kg||145 mm||1.83 W/m²K|
|Schuco ASS70FD||1200 mm||3000 mm||100 kg||120 mm||1.76 W/m²K|
|Schuco ASS80FD||1200 mm||3000 mm||100 kg||112 mm||1.52 W/m²K|
|Smarts Visofold 1000||1000 mm||2500 mm||80 kg||132 mm||1.84 W/m²K|
|Smarts Visofold 2000||1000 mm||2500 mm||80 kg||143 mm||1.84 W/m²K|
|Smarts Visofold 3000||1000 mm||2500 mm||80 kg||154 mm||1.87 W/m²K|
|Smarts Visofold 4000||1000 mm||2400 mm||80 kg||185 mm||1.94 W/m²K|
|Warmcore||1000 mm||2400 mm||100 kg||156 mm||1.4 W/m²K|
The above information is gathered directly from online websites and from talking with representatives from the various system companies.
Compare bifold doors which is the best bifolding doors for your building project? You have to assume they are all fit for purpose they should all open and close. Some will open easier than others. Some will feel more solid and have a positive action when closed. Some of the big companies understand the need for proper engineered products and activities have a design and development team to ensure their bifolding doors look and feel the best.
Understanding “U” values
- The lower the “U” value numbers the better insulation.
- Most companies talk about the “U” value of the glazing, not the overall door. While this is a good indicator, it is not the facts. It is true that the majority of the space filled with the bi-folding doors is glass there is also a fair amount of aluminium too.
- The size of the aluminium framework does affect the “U” value too
- The figures used in the comparing grid as based on a bi-folding door 3000 wide by 2200 high. Using the same size door and glazing them with 1.1 centre pane “U” value glass it surprises the difference in overall “U” value.
A few tips you should consider when choosing to purchase bifold doors
- Given the size of your opening will the systems with the larger panel widths allow you better design for your opening?
- A brickwork opening of 3500mm in the smaller panel glazed doors will mean you will need four panels. If you use a system that has the larger panel widths the same 3500mm opening can have a bifolding door with three panels, this will save you money and offer a better style opening.
- Look at the width of two-door sashes together with a hinge and gaskets to see how much light is blocked.
- The doors with a smaller area of aluminium will have a better “U” value.
- Consider the threshold options and the knowledge of the company you are purchasing your doors from to advise the best threshold.
- The low and flush thresholds are available with British weather rating certificate for the low and flush threshold. We can advise you on how to install a rebated threshold, so it feels and looks like a smooth entry into the garden.
Compare Bifold Doors
There are different aluminium doors you will have to decide which door best suits your requirements. Until now we have remained independent just informing you of what is available.
In our opinion the best doors are produced are Schuco they are German engineered and designed with quality in mind. Given the maximum panel, sizes allowed you can create the best opening configuration available for your doors. Schuco considers every small detail and looks for solutions. The running gear operates very smoothly. The gaskets move away from the door immediately when the door is opened preventing gasket friction impeding the operation of the doors. The hinges have built-in silicone seals to ensure the hinge is not draughty. The doors have 8mm vertical height adjustment within the frame and 14mm width adjustment within the frame. These two adjustments are rarely used but allow Schuco doors to be fine-tuned to fit your project perfectly. Schuco bifold doors certainly do operate well and have a positive closing operation.